Space farming has quickly become a necessary staple in the future of farming and how we attain fresh foods. Our goal is to create a multi-functional facility that serves the masses in various ways including a state-of-the-art research laboratory, a training center, a cafe that serves food grown on site, a farmers market and an interactive museum that showcases our current research and development. This facility will also house our hydroponic farm where we will grow various leafy greens and herbs.
Open to the public
he goal of our facility is to showcase what a self-sustaining space farm can look like and how the general public can implement the very same techniques we use in their homes without having to use very much space.
Our research lab is the cornerstone of the facility. Here we will develop new technologies, test theories and run trials on unique ways to grow produce indoors. The success of our research will be displayed in our growing pods where we transfer our findings to the public via our on-site classes and interactive experience in the museum.
Here we will offer free classes for the general public pertaining to vertical farming and how they can begin growing their own foods in very small spaces. We will showcase the proper ways to plant and care for their crops as well as detail the proper tools necessary to create their vertical gardens.
We will have an on-site indoor farmers market where patrons can come and purchase food from various local farmers. Here you will find an array of organic items and be able to sample some of the freshest foods Texas has to offer.
The cafe is a perfect addition to our facility as it will showcase food grown directly on others sourced from local farmers. Patrons will be able to grab a sandwich or salad without the worry of pesticides or toxins contaminating their food.
ROUND ONE FUNDING GOAL: $500,000
100% Toxic Free Facility
Helping Pioneer the Future of Farming
An Adventure for Young Minds
Nicole’s Garden will provide classes to community members on various topics including:
- Nutrition – Fresh foods and potential benefits
- Chronic Disease Awareness
- Nutritional Toxicology – nutritional recommendations for management and/or prevention of chronic disease
- Diabetes, Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Awareness, Management,Treatment and Prevention Project
- Creating Alternative Gardens in your Home and Office
- Space Gardens: how to create a small garden using space tested technology
- Managing Air Quality using Plants: Education on which plants reduce air pollutants and chemical contaminants from indoor spaces
- Biotechnology and Environmental Remediation